Web Designer has become one of the hottest profession in the last couple of decades. IT revolution has made Web designing the most sorts after career option in the twenty-first century. Web Site – A luxury to have some ten years ago has become the most common tool of multimedia to disseminate the information lightning fast speed that too throughout the world. Time is not far away when websites will be the face as well as the identity of each and every organization whether it is a school, university, hospital, Print media organization, TV channels or any every public or private organization. But to create this little modern wonder one has to have the services of professionals like Web Developers, Web Designers, Programmers, Data Base Administrators etc.
Web Designers are one of those professionals who is considered as the architect of a webpage or website as they are the one responsible for designing the appearance of the page on the Internet. They are responsible for creatively designing the web pages taking the needs and requirements of their client into consideration.
To accomplish their work in the most acceptable and commercially viable manner Web designers must keep abreast of current trends in the Internet industry. They must be well aware of the services that are expected, graphics that are most likely to be received well and enjoyed, and how a page will rank high in various search engines.
Web Designers are also responsible to help clients formulate plans on how to keep web pages most approachable, and graphically interesting. To create a good website is like creating a masterpiece of art that has all the aesthetics, attractive appeal along with the commercial viability. Thus it is true to a larger extent that in this profession the degrees tend to be less important than demonstrated ability yet certain specific knowledge acquired through professional courses can make the work of a natural artist a bit easier and competitive.
So those who are thinking of pursuing Web Designer as a career should not only be good natural artists but also have full knowledge of some basic relevant software. To be in the top ranks in this fast-growing field of web designing one has to undergo special training of nearly Six months to a Year. To be a web designer one has to follow the below-given path.
Though no specific Educational qualification is required to be a web designer except basic artistic skills and some basic web page designing tools like HTML (a very simple coding language that once learned is very versatile and easy to incorporate) XHTML, Dreamweaver and Frontpage to name a few along with a passion for web designing but to work with a reputed organization one should preferably have a degree or diploma in web designing.
However, higher the qualification and more the experience of the web designer wider will be the scope for him to get the work in various organizations of repute.
Minimum age to work in the organized sector is 18 years and Maximum age is from 25 to 40 years depending upon the experience and quality of work as well as the organization one is applying it.
Web Designer Required Skills
- The foremost skill required to become a successful Web Designer is that of strong creative skill. Creativity is the most essential requirement to become a Web Designer.
- Good Problem-solving skill can help a Website Designer to complete his/her task in most efficient manner.
- Excellent communication skills are required to explain the technical matter to the team in a very lucid manner.
- Ability to work in a team for long hours with strict time limits are required to become a Web Designer.
- A sharp mind to pay attention to minute details can be an added advantage for prospective Web Designer.
- Ability to work in a team as he is work closely with web developers and marketing professionals.
- Besides these basic essential skills, a Web Designer should be expert in:
- Visual Design
- UX (User Experience) and SEO
- Marketing and Social media
- Coding software like HTML and CSS
- Designing Software’s like Photoshop and Illustrator
To be a web designer one has to follow the given steps
After passing plus two preferably in the field of art one should apply for the degree or diploma course in web designing which is being offered by many private and public web designing institutions throughout the country nowadays on first come first basis. However, some reputed institutes with limited seats may take an aptitude test before granting admission to their institutions.
After completion of graduation and acquiring the knowledge and skills to use the designing tools one can applying against the vacancies lying vacant in various multimedia companies working in the field of web development. For a decent job, the aspiring candidates should build a portfolio that includes a variety of websites you have designed. It may contain school assignments, own website and various freelance projects. Freelance working can be another flexible option to the budding web designers.
Web Designer Job Description
- Web Designer Job Description including meeting the clients to discuss what they want their site to do and preparing a design plan as per his/her client’s requirements and needs.
- His job also includes deciding which branding, text, colours and backgrounds to be used in the website. Besides laying out various pages and positioning different kind of buttons, links and pictures, Sounds, animations and videos using the available designing software.
- A Web Designer may also have to upload the site to a server.
- Testing and improving the design of the site along with its smooth functioning is also the responsibility to a Web Designer.
In spite of the huge requirement of budding web designer in the industry, it may be a bit tough to get the desired job to a fresher but it is so in every creative field. Above average creative skill, a bit of experience and above all a strong portfolio of work can get you a job of liking and help to become a successful name in the field of web designers.
A fresh web designer can expect from Rs.30,000 to Rs.40,000 to start with and with little experience and his creative skill can get as high as Rs.80,000 per month and even more than that.